July 14, 2008

Windows XP won't start up?


Here's the deal, when my Yesterday I turned on my laptop it does not, is obliged to say Windows will not start probably because of software changes.
It restarted itself, but then went on the same screen saying the same thing, so I tried to start Windows normally, it did not work.
Then I tried to use the option to start on the last known good configuration, which does not work.
Then I pressed F8 and tried restarting, still nothing.
Then I tried Disabling automatic restart on systen failure, now, this showed me a blue screen saying a problem was detected and windows has been closed to avoid damaging my computer.

He told me to disable or remove any anti-virus, defrag disk or backup utilities.
The only anti-virus program that I have is AdAware, I downloaded Friday / Saturday.
So if you uninstall is what I do, how do I do that? Seeing that I downloaded.

Is there another problem?
please, I am very desperate for help.

6 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
ru sure he said no software changes hardware changes
sounds like a hardware problem for me
psossibly power supply or motherboard but with / without being there hard to say

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Anna M answer lies right on the money $ $

safe mode go to Add / Remove Programs, uninstall Ad Aware, and restart your PC, your download may have been corrupt. Depending on where you downloaded Ad Aware of this could be supplied with a virus that is causing your system starts.

See the link for removal instructions of virus, all tools are provided free and infection. Once your problem is solved, you must run an antivirus solution.

Need help or have any questions or concerns instead further details. Try

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
in safe mode, if possible, and remove / delete this new program, and possibly restore a much earlier restore point. This is the only option in view I really missed. I could go up to one month's xp in Vista, but you only have the last two points restoration alternatives. Safe Mode can be accessed with the f10 or F8 key, but you have to keep hitting it as soon as the computer starts. If this does not attempt the ultimate boot disk or initiation of another program that runs in DOS mode. You May be able to detect errors and sometimes even fix them.

If you have a software xp, I want to resettle. It will set all corrupted files with Windows XP.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
You said you just installed AdAware, maybe that is the culprit. Have you recently installed any new software?

You can try to start Windows in safe mode - while the computer starts up, press F8. This will bring up a menu with several options start - to begin, simply choose Safe Mode. This gives you very limited functionality (and very primitive display settings), but should at least let the computer boot. From there, we hope you can uninstall all programs or cancel the changes you've made recently. If you've enabled the restoration of the system, it may even let you manage that.

Also, as one hand, it is probably a good idea to get anti-virus, as well. I do not think AdAware is really an anti-virus, anti-spyware.

good luck!

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Can be a problem with the device drivers, hardware or software. This problem can be solved by uninstalling new software, updated device drivers and making small changes in configuration. De

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Have you tried starting in Safe Mode and if the habit of work assessed your hard