July 13, 2008

How do I import ALL (5000+) files into my iTunes Library in 1 move when all the data is on an external drive?


I recently replaced my computer's internal hard drive and now need to set up my iTunes library again by the import of all my music files I backed up. Because the files are located on a backup disk external and are therefore not on the actual computer hard disk (I want it to remain a slave disc instead of a little support from now), iTunes n has not automatically import everything when I settle and re-installed the software. How do I import all my stuff without having to tediously / main / import case by case? Also, how can we go back and where can I find your iTunes playlists, since only the original music files / files are contained in the iTunes folder in my music?

2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
go file to add to the library. click on the major issue is your music, your iTunes review all files in that folder for all mp3 and mp4 of

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
If you use a Mac, you can drag the folder above the icon in your iTunes Dock. iTunes automatically import all the songs in this case. You do not know on Windows.