July 15, 2008

Is there an equivalent of apple's Time machine for windows vista and/or linux?


I start trying to double, and before I started playing around, I thought I better have a pretty good return on my machine: D

I need a piece that takes a softare image of your hard drive, so you can restore it to its original state. Just like windows assistant allows you to transfer, but better.

Option backup after the "capture images of your hard disks state periodically afterwords, and you can choose to return. Not a neccesity if I need a very good backup software.

I want it because it's easier than having to copy and paste any return to its original folder.

Thank you,
Nappymonster

1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Well, it is flyback (code.google.com / p / flyback /), but currently it only works with Linux or UNIX-based systems, and I think it uses GTK as the main interface.

But for Windows XP / Vista backup solutions, first I turn to Acronis products, as Acronis True Image (which you can go from there.
However
If you do not really want / need a printed in the "backup solution," then try to burn important files to DVD and keep them in a safe place. So sure you can manage. You just using the software that came with your computer / recorder.

If you do not have these programs, I recommend the free and coarsely good CDBurnerXP (cdburnerxp.se) to make such a task.
< br> If you have similar questions and not be afraid to send me an email techno Jedi @ @ @ gmail dot com. Suffice it to get rid of the symbols @ and dot.

Hopes have been useful.

Tom Anderson