July 12, 2008

backing up your Hard Drive?


I know there are a lot of software that exists as a shadow NT and Norton Ghost? to safeguard your data. In fact, I use it automatically backs up your files on one site online.

The question is is there a way to safeguard your entire hard drive, the entire image, which means that drivers, registry, system files / folders only EVERYTHING? For DVD, for example, or even really a huge external hard drive. Is this what they call an ISO image?

Again, let me go to my relief a step further so that if my C: drive are fully planted, I can recharge the new disc replacement and have a look the same as it was before (with complete operating system, drivers, registers, programmes etc)

4 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
-I use Hiren CD boot because it comes with Acronis enterprise backup software.

Ghost is too good, but it is fairly easy to use ...

And yes, it would save everything, and I do mean everything.

Works great on Windows Server 2003!

good luck! ISO

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
is an image file to a CD or DVD. The raw data on the physical sectors on a disk are placed in a file (usually with one. Extended iso file). Obviously, this is not what you want.

Back up programs can compress and back up partitions to all CD / DVD or another storage device as an external hard drive.

My advice would be to get an external hard drive. If you have an old hard disk lying around, you can buy only the case externally. I bought a USB external hard drive for an old 60 GB hard drive and I am very happy with it. I have a partition where I keep a compressed copy of my Windows partition and the other partition is used to store programs and drivers that I downloaded from the Internet. Having programs stored and updated drivers is very convenient if I have to re-install Windows or other things.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
copy your entire hard disk to an external drive. Or simply make one. ISO Image your hard drive. NOTE: do either of them will maybe take a full 24 hours.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
i would use an external hard drive
note they are not cheap!
but this is the best way!

call your computer manufacturing to see what is the best on recommend