July 14, 2008

How should I go about doing a Clean Install of Windows Vista?


Hello everyone. I am about to install Windows Vista, and I'm going to the Clean install to avoid possible hardware / software incompatibilities and bugs (plus language incompatibility obliges me to make a complete erase XD). I have saved my favorite IE, my music, pictures and personal documents. I have a folder with drivers for Windows Vista and I have only verified that all my equipment is compatible with Windows Vista. But I wonder if there is anything I missed, everything else I do before installing Vista. Do I save something else? Do I forget something? The measures that I have to take that could have been ignored? Thanks for the help guys!

3 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
If you use Outlook Express for e-mail, you must save.

It is also essential that you have Vista drivers for your network adapter (card or board). It would be intelligent to get the Vista drivers for your video (card or board) and audio (card or board) as well.

Make sure you have at least 2 GB of RAM if you are a gamer, 1 GB and if you are not.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
1. A clean install of Vista will start by erasing your hard drive completely. Thus, the issue of drivers with Vista you might as well put on a CD or something.

2. Clean up your Vista, ensuring all your drivers for your monitor, sound, networking are installed and start the new system.

3. Immediately go into device manager after the restart, and make sure there are no devices problems.

4. Start loading your software

Sarge

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Personally, I would do the utmost while using the backup option: Start> Programs> Accessories> System Tools
ago, usually a Microsoft Windows Backup program there that will help us. There are also at least give you more ideas of what is backup.

moreover, in so doing, you do realize you need to reinstall all bits of software you currently have? I have a ton, but I do not know about you. I just updated, not a clean install, and I have only been a few minor problems.