July 27, 2008

is partition magic 100% safe?


kunal_chawla09,to your comments:
Can I use Partition Magic without a backup? Has it ever happened to someone that all data was lost because of this? if not 100% sure, can you suggest other software that are 100% sure to partition the hard drive?
is the best software partition mgt I know. I used a little.



Nothing is ever 100% guaranteed. If you try to go too much on a small computer with little additional disk space, things could take as long as you think the computer froze. So I practice sometimes on a system that I can fully recover.



You should make a backup - forever.

7 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
canoe tell you it is 100% safe. you could lose data. always create backup.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
There is no way to be 100% sure that it will work, I use it and have never had a problem, but that has not stopped me make backups in case only. Prevention is better than cure.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Similarly, if you look at forums google it is often requested for errors and solutions for PM errors ...

as an alternative, I say to recommend director (it is cheaper and has more features)

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
I used several times, never a problem at all

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Nothing is 100% secure.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Well, I have used it many times, never had a problem, so that I can say its 100% safe for me, but one of its software and depends on many things, so you say that its 100% but its security 99.99% YES. :)



only if you use it properly.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
is a very nice software, but I can not say it is 100% safe.

recently when I was partitioning my hard drive and when I click the Apply button partition all messed up and I had to make a ful.