July 10, 2008

If i backed up my whole entire computer and restored OS could i restore my computer back to the previous state


I have a Mac. I installed Windows on a partition of 20 GB. The problem is that in the functioning of space. I wanted to know if I copy of all my information using the backup utility in accessories tools. If, then, I reinstalled windows with more space than I was able to restore the data and whether it would give me my first computer, without missing data? I have all data and software on my computer that I need and it would take forever to its organization and that any return.

1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Do you use bootcamp?

If I were you I invest in either parallel or use a VirtualBox free and installation of Windows in a virtual environment rather than through Bootcamp. Windows will not work quite as quickly in a virtual machine (VM) as a native, but you do not have to restart between the two OS.

It is difficult to say if you asked what would happen in safeguarding aside the Macintosh (which may be necessitated by the need to reinstall Mac after resize partitions) or the backup of Windows later (which is absolutely necessary by the need to reinstall Windows after resizing the score).

If you want to stay with the bootcamp method, I would do to both the Mac and Windows. Restore your Mac for a pre-condition resize is easy to restore the PC side? Not so easy. However, if you use an application such as cloning Acronis (commercial, so it costs you), it is much easier because you can take a snapshot of the Windows partition, resize the partition, and then to restore Windows 'new image partition greater.