July 29, 2008

Changing my DVD drive from drive D to drive F?


I have one hard drive C. I have 3 DVD: a 16X Plextor PX-760A drive, a DVD-ROM and a DVD RW. At the beginning, my car was Plextor F, my DVD-ROM is D and my DVD RW Plextor was E. burning a DVD at high speed, making backups so easy to achieve. Then I got my computer hard drive replaced, and when I had my computer is what happened: I became a player Plextor D, my DVD was F RW and DVD ROM is now E. This was not a problem until I saw my Plextor burn 0.2X DVD .... I tried all types of software to solve is that I checked on the Internet and saw that a person who has exactly the same problem and was asked to change IDE cables. I tried to do but I can not. FDI connected to Plextor (D) is also connected to the hard drive and I can not swap his position with reader E. My jumper is on DVD ROM and is set to control my Plextor hard earned a master IDE set to it. Any help to make discs as before?

3 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
if it is the external drive, and perhaps can try a unoplug and placed in the second who want first and

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Swap USB Approximately

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
You can buy some utilities that will allow you to assign drive letters. Sometimes (it depends on your operating system), you can assign letters through your control panel. Right click on My Computer, property, equipment and see if that is possible.