July 20, 2008

Help coying files/images. Error stating "Cannot read source file".?


I am a friend to support a friend retrieve a digital photo of the PC from there, but they can not copy the images.



Users of the description (I personally have not seen yet) tells me they can seek and find images (and even open the image to read), but when they try to copy and paste images for the support they receive an error message saying something like "Error copy of the file (s) can not read the source file" or something to that extent.



Someone could recommend software tools I can download in advance to try to recover photos, or should I try? I'll probably try booting in safe mode first backup files, but I do not know if it will help us.



It is a computer in there small office if I want to try to be prepared when I get there.



Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
If they are an error message when you try to copy or modify a file, I surmize that they have no privileges to write on this file. Maybe they can see, but something is blocking savings or copying. Make sure the account they use is an administrator on the computer and has access to everything.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
My advice would be to open the image you try to copy. Select the whole image (Ctrl A), copy (Ctrl C), then paste it into a new peak and save the document. Hope this helps!