July 28, 2008

I am Comptia A+ certified and going out on my own. Need some help.?


I want to have enough things to hand in my van that I need not lead to Fry when a customer needs a part. I will be mostly homemade and small businesses stuff.



I think I'm going to get us have had this computer and need access to the Internet, secure wireless, and so on.

I saw a million years, there is a maximum of PC felt that technology should have with them. But I can not find it.

I do not have much money, but we want to be ready. Some ideas of things I need software? Virus / Spyware softeware. Diagnostic equipment? I figure a USB / Firewire external hard drive for backups and transfer. The cables USB, FireWire cables, ethernet cables, cable tester, USB mouse and keyboard, mouse and keyboard PS2. Canned air, blah, blah. Other ideas?

Do you guys have to sign a waiver before working on their computer, where the loss of data or the computer is fried?

I worked in a box store before what I have always had access to things.

1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
... Ok you need to a laptop computer with a CD burner, and a JumpDrive. You need a 98 or ME boot disk,. Put it on your hard jump, and make a bootable CD.



You really can not wait for someone who pays you to sign a waiver. You are responsible, period.



You can create a telephone cord, just in case they use telephone. I had a client who's dog chewed the cord in two.



Familiarize yourself with



You need the following programs:



Open Office





AVG Antivirus - free antivirus software

(CNET: "AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is the most popular free solution without charges for home users and provides the high level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers" .)



Ad-Aware - antispyware software free

(CNET: "One of the first applications designed to find and remove spyware and spyware, Ad-Aware 2007's excellent reputation is well justified.")



Spybot Search