June 30, 2008

Oops. I copied "System Volume Information", and can't remove it.?


With my desktop PC, I was using WindowsXP BACKUP, make a backup copy of a small hard drive (for a laptop), and I burned the image file on a DVD.

So I wanted to test, by unpacking all the files in a temporary folder on my desktop. Everything went well, until I wanted to delete the temporary folder.

A folder named "System Volume Information" is there, and it allows me not to delete it. It is in a temporary folder, which I created from scratch.

I tried safe mode, I tried NTSF DOS, and everything like that. No chance. I'm screwed!

Any assistance there is appreciated. Hi

2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
. Sometimes you can reset the attributes in safe mode. System files are protected against accidental (or intentional) deleted. The site should explain how to do it, but it involves making attrib-RASH. If

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
is a Windows file system does not allow you to delete it. Another window words not kill himself ... If you are
system is running ok - I would simply leave until the next time you need to reformat ...
Remember never to copy a system on your hard drive again Joe ...