June 1, 2008

What is the best brand of DVD burner (hardware)?


Can I get some opinions on the best brand / model of DVD burner (hardware)?
The DVD burner I use now (Sony) is not functioning properly.
When I make a (legal) backup copy of a DVD, the new DVD copy will not play on one of my 3 DVD players at home, and it will not even play on the burner DVD, which has created the backup.
I am looking for one that is more compatible with all DVD players at home.

- I use RipIt4Me, DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and Nero for the software. I do not think the software is the problem. And I tried several brands of DVD R media. Any

care to comment on the best brand / type of blank DVD media to use?

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

4 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
For the reader, Plextor is generally rated very highly.
To the media, Verbatim, or Taiyo Yuden. A very good source of information on the media notes is available on the link below.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
nah, it's not ur problem burner .. why DVDs and burned couldnt play on ur home DVD players U IS NOT HAVE MADE THE RIGHT Convertings!
and all have to do is to try to use other software that could help with convertings ... Try
tools listed in the following sources (if any of them and try to help others, also in this web)
It may be useful and, mate:)

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Personally, I like the pioneers , A large stability drives.

The media are, as I Sony discs, once I bought sony 8x discs, and I was able to burn at 16X, sweet.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
I do not want to "Best answer" here.
I would simply like to add my comments.

I had problems with my requests for copies of DVDs.

I went to a "Plextor" DVD (a little more expensive)
and I started to be used exclusively DVD-R (NOT DVD-R and DVD double layer NOT!) ( Only DVD-R with a dash!)

YES, does the trick!

DVD R is compatible with only about 85% of DVD players. (It is with a plus sign)

DVD-R is compatible with over 95% of DVD players.
(It is with a scoreboard, not a plus)

- I use the same software that you have shown and I now have no problem with my DVD copies to play on one my DVD players.

I say therefore to deal with a Plextor drive and DVD-R medium.
I do not know which brand is best?