June 5, 2008

Am I the only person being tormented by a Belkin Wireless N Router?


I bought a brand new model F5D8231-4 router 3 weeks ago for $ 200 and it was a nightmare. First, the software CD that came with it was made for a wireless card N, so that the driver did not work. Who has resulted in 45 minutes of phone calls to their customer service in Bangladesh or somwhere because the expert was unable to help them understand a word I said, and vice versa. I got the pilot downloaded and they agreed, after more than 2 calls to send me a CD of software. He arrived today, and it is not open, no matter what.

In addition to that, this router is down about 3-4 times per day. The modem light starts flashing orange and the Internet light goes out completely. There were no power outages and this thing is plugged into my backup battery. My wife likes to play cards on the Yahoo euchre on its Inspiron and was constantly struck off. I called today and another 45 minute runaround. Is it a symptom of this model or am I just unlucky?

3 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Take it back. It is clearly the fault and unable to describe the subject under which it was sold.

In addition to that you have tried your best to obtain technical assistance and they are simply giving you the run-around.

Use your rights as a consumer and request a refund or replacement work.

J

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
My impression is that, yes, you must have the Belkin "n" style wireless network cards to work with the Belkin "n" type of router.

furthermore, the router you is probably not really the "n" standard. Belkin is the sale of "pre-n" equipment, because 802.11n is not yet complete. Last I heard he was to be completed by the end of 2006.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
and my opinion is sell the router and to the extent that can and buy a router and someone has to know because if anything goes wrong, they will be able to help