June 1, 2008

Burn data to DVD+-RW without upgrading CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive?


Is there any way for me to burn about 30 gigabytes of data on my hard drive for some DVD RW, I bought without upgrading my CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive to a multi - CD / DVD? I am thinking in particular of any software on the Internet, free or commercial, which allows me to back up the data on my hard drive to some of DVD RW discs.

Also, would there be a firmware update for my CD / DVD manufacturer who would allow me to do? Any help is appreciated, but would prefer answering sheet with some computer knowledge.

My hard disk is a HITACHI DK23FA-60-ATA 60 GB IDE interface, with 5400 rpm and 2.5 "in length.

My optical drive is a CD-SONY RW CRX830E high speed CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive.

My computer is a laptop - HP Pavilion ze4805us

2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Sorry, but you will not be able to do so. You'll either need to buy some blank CDs to burn data discs or upgrade equipment that supports DVD RW. OK

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
you saying that you have a CD burner and you want to burn data onto a DVD impossible if you need to buy a DVD burner to do so