June 6, 2008

How do I add field to MS Word XP doc listing Top Lvl contents of a directory or drive with names & size in KB


How can I add a field in an MS Word document that lists the contents of a folder or a car? I thought a merger of mail could work with a text file created by a directive sent to a text file, but I want the file or folder size and name only.

Microsoft Office XP SP3 -
Microsoft Word 2002 (10.6764.6735)
SP3 Windows 2000 SP 4
I created a label template for log backups Monthly at the workplace. I am not allowed to install the software. (This would be too easy!) I would like to insert an area that will give me a list of the first level (files and folders) of my DVD player. Hyper-link does not work. I am not competent to scripting.

I am looking for a solution, either in a script that works within word, or advice on this subject categories / forms / options to use and how to use them.
The DVD player is D: and a directory typical I would like to add is four files and a file name and size in KB.

Thank you in advance.

1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Yahoo! Sites scrambled code, I put a few examples of code 360 in my blog, the link below.

of course, the first time I cut and paste the code in the blog, he scrambled ALL. I have since repaired, and this time I checked. Sorry!

The code is corrected the link below.