June 22, 2008

Possible to recover moved files from original location?


I bought a beautiful new hard drive 250G. Once I had installed, I went (Moved be the key device) all my pictures and songs of the former HD on the new one.

perhaps only 2 days after the transfer of files, the new HD from some clicking noises and scratching. It sounded as if you had a 3.5 "diskette and pulled the lid and has quickly and repeatedly.

Long story short, the files have disappeared and the disk can not read. J 'I called Seagate for help, they said it was probably a mechanical failure and ~ $ 1000 I could get their data recovery. No, I Seagate has some diagnostic software on the HD (i know, it is probably the worst ... but I was SOL by this point anyway) and he stopped the analysis because it has encountered too many errors.

So my last thought is ... Is there a way I could maybe pull the files transferred from the old HD? Is there a program that could perhaps find the files I moved (provided they have not been written)?

everyone?

And yes, I learned my lesson ... Backup

3 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
You may want to try ' use a recovery program. I used the StompSoft Recover lost data in the past to recover a variety of files that I thought had disappeared for good. It has a good chance of working just heard you. You can find more info on this link and download a trial.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
a little ..







< br>

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
whit maybe a hard disk regenerator, you can get more information on the site