June 26, 2008

How to do a partial restore of Windows XP Registry?


Recently discovered that all my "Modify / Delete" buttons have been wacked. You've already learned the register the location of these keys. I do not have Win XP "restore point" available
but they have a backup Acronis available.

I have already confirmed that no keys are available in my backup reg "C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ config \ software."

this file, I just want to restore the keys in HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentV ... Is there a utility that will allow this?

1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
involve the creation of a current image, the restoration of the old image and export the registry, the restoration of the current image, and import of the hive.

How did you confirm the keys? This method could let you copy directly.