June 1, 2008

help me any system admins please please its very urgent for me?


I have installed 2000 to serve with dhcp and 25 client systems. If I want to format my server and re-install and I want the same permissions and settings that are at the moment, what should I do before and after the format and installation. What do I do with client systems. and how to safeguard their perspectives and reconciliation and other software in the server and client systems please help me with all the details.

3 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Get a tape drive and make a complete backup of the system before making the following:


Here is another page with information on safeguards AD:


If you use Exchange, you should not have backup Outlook, simply make a copy of the archives. Otherwise, you'll need to store all the files. Pst files on the server (it should not exist because you should never use a server as a workstation).

As with other server software, you're on your own. A backup of the database files and logs transactions, make sure you have the installation disks for applications server and make sure you know the parameters of all applications and actions, if any.

Do not worry about the client systems unless you plan on reconstruction too.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Hi

i propose and install the Backup Exec veritas trial version, it will run for 30 days, and they are to be installed in another server with a huge disk space

and after installing the server for complete backup and rebuilt the server with the same name and IP address to restore the backup configuration

please do not worry about the client part in soon rebuilt and the same configuration, it amends or restart once

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
, you can use a raid technology for data backup and insofar as the parameters are permissions, I think that is not possible I guess you'll have to reconfigure any new