June 4, 2008

Can you believe this monkey shine that's going on with my HP laptop????


He left the connection to the Internet wirelessly and after numerous attempts to resolve support, they send me through their FedEx!

He sent me an empty box and I just packed it and it goes tomorrow. It'l supposed to be fixed and returned in 5-7 days.

Oh, and they told me to save my files as they reset the original configuration when they solve (why ???), I feel lose all my files and software.

Well, oops, their backup utility does not work, either!

Is this really happen?

Someone please tell me they have been through this with HP and it came out wonderfully!

3 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
HP must believe that you have a hardware problem or they would be able to help you by phone.

I would not want my data across elses hands, if I save it and delete it. If the backup does not go to Cnet / downloads and search for bakup to DVD software. Doenload and use it.

I would then use a U.S. DoD 5200.28 accordance delete files utility.

Now that all my files are saved, I would like to launch the restoration of PC laptops HP. It will make your machine back to the condition it was when you got. The same thing they will do so. If, by luck it fixes the problems that you do not have to send it to them so it is a good risk to take.

Make sure the switch on the edge of the machine for wireless is all to the right and the LED is blue, if it is red, the machine will not allow the connection without thread. If it is blue go to control panel and then the network connection icon, select it, make sure the Intel Wireless card is activated. Use the utility view available wireless network. See if you can connect.

If not, as ships off puppy HP. It will be fine, make sure the shipment is insured.

Good luck

Oh why part of your question: they restore to the factory condition so that they do not have to deal with unexpected problems while foreign software.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Having my laptop computer services and was done as advertised. Instead of performing a backup why not make a copy on CD data from the parties. They returned with ours everything works as new if not better.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
I suggest to delete all your files anyway if you ship it. The package may be lost and that someone could steal your data.