January 18, 2008

Question about Data Backup~?


Hey,

I just installed my secondary HD (Seagate) And he came with this software (Seagate DiscWizard) And he has options to safeguard your old disk to the new, they are: < br>
Clone-Disc
- Image Backup

What are the differences of these? And are they the same as Acronis True Image? (Ami said they were supposed to)

I try with all my backup disk (which is the partition 1) of the OS / Programs / registration / everything
Clone should I use or disk image backup, are they doing something different?

I heard "Clone Disc" Clones the HD to another, so it's an operating system on another hard drive and you can choose the start and for a complete copy of your operating system working there .. Then

"Image Backup" only create an image file that you have something to run or restore your backup.


I do not know if what I is actually said / what / them, could you give me a lil more info on this subject, which I use to save? Thanks,

2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
huumm very good Exactly

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
.... if you do CLONE DISC now ... then your backup drive will be almost a clone of your old hard disk. Imediatley you can access the files and folders and programs on your clone player as you would as if they d a simple disk.

The image will be an image file that you can use later. You will not be able to access anything on it until later. Images are more compact and I believe compressed to take up less space.