January 14, 2008

DVD backup-Can these be PW protected?


frankies1,answering to comment:
I save my files to a DVD RW. Perhaps the DVD password-protected (locked?) Without resorting to the purchase of software?
I tend to use my NERO for backups.
What about CD's? I am using Windows XP

Thanks Frank

hii place!
On CD / DVD, and if using Windows, you can put all your files in a compressed, and then protect it with a password. If you want to hide the names of files (not just prevent opening files), you should place the compressed folder inside another folder packed with a password.

Good luck!


1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Instead of supporting their place on DVD-RW, try and use a password Western Digital ........... This hard disk is cheap, small, slim, easy to carry and able to password-protect data.

Short, the answer to your question above, no.