January 22, 2008

How do I get information off backup tape?


answering to comments,ekimollidrac
I just bought a tape drive backup (off ebay) for my computer and I have a tape with information already on it. How do I access the information stored on this tape? I am using Windows XP. Will I need any kind of special software or function is simply integrated into Windows?
You need the same software you used to put the data on the backup drive to recover data from the tape. I

Win XP Home, it does not have a backup software.
I am not sure abt Xp Pro, I think it has an integrated backup software.

1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
You will need to install the drivers for it. If they are not checking the Web site of manufacturers. Once the computer recognizes the drive, will give it a drive letter for access.