January 27, 2008

I am trying to backup offices over a VPN?


I am running Windows SBS 2003. I have a good relationship, once connecting my VPN. I am capable of remote office for the two end points.
Then, I try to return through the management tool on the server. When I try to choose the destination of return, I can see the end point network icon, but it will not run at the end of the server or workstations available in the network. Therefore, I am not in a position to choose Backup disk server endpoint.

Does anyone have any ideas for me to make my redundant backups? Either through windows, tools or other software. Preferably Windows.

Also check my other questions so well informed on the ground.

Thanx, Steve

2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
windows naming service can not function properly wireless vpn additional modifications to host or lmhosts file for easy backup over ip vpn you need a backup tool based or software that will work more than vpn.



This is an example and costs just as 59 bucks, and it also works with USB drives and other options.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
you should definitely check in a good backup software for symatec (they recently purchased veritas) there are also services that allow you to store safely over the Internet for a monthly fee. Check in thoughs as well. Many times they are cheaper than manageing bands out of the sight.