January 26, 2008

How should I make a backup copy of My Documents using DVD-R disks?


I would like to make a backup copy of "My Documents" on DVD-R discs.

"My Documents" folder contains 13GB of data. I

DVD-R can hold 4.7 GB of data, therefore, it should require 3 discs to copy all my files.

My question: How does the computer know when to stop copying the data to a floppy disk so that the process of stopping in the middle of a Word document?

Would this have to be a manual thing where I would have chosen what documents, photos, video and will go on each disk so that I do not exceed the 4.7 GB per disc? I am a little "fuzzy" about it. Someone may help clarify this for me? I

software on my computer called "Nero SmartStart" which was delivered with the equipment I bought some (probably my DVD burner. I guess I will use this software to make imitation, is that correct? Or can I do it another way?

4 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
I can recommend you buy Acronis True Image 10.0. It will allow you to save your entire PC or separated files and program settings. True Image will allow you to store your images on a DVD or other devices. It has a scheduler that will safeguard your data as often as you want. I think that True Image is faster and more efficient software backup for the time being.
About True Image Space:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
When the program begins to copy, you drag and drop the documents and that you have the power should go to the right. You will see when You limit.

Hope that helps.

Ps Use Nero Burn (smartstart).

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
You would be better that splitting it up into manageable chunks and just burn it to DVD .

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
when you choose to have files on the disk, there will be a bar on the screen that turns red if you exceed the capacity of the disc to allow you to make adjustments to which files you want to hurry.