January 31, 2008

What kind of back up software do you guys use?


I want to get backup software that you save my stuff to an external hard drive or even a solution of online backup for my home business. I am in architecture and there were situations that I had were file go wrong and I lost a week or more on the basis of my own bad savings habits. I want something that can save my work files during the night so the next time I get slapped in the face by reality, I am not completely screwed. I did a little research and I am just curious to see what you guys.

4 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
my answer is Acronis True Image!
I use it for a long time and very pleased it.It 's highly reliable and easy to use and supports Vista!

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
-I use rsync. First backup takes a little while and then synchronize it only takes a few minutes each night:)

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
EMC Retrospect Express HD.

It works but he feared. I actually made a restore with it and it worked perfectly. You still need to reinstall Windows to restore .. I also have to turn it off when I play 3D games because he likes my game in order to minimize the window.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
-I use rsync. It is bundled with most Linux distributions, and you can get a free Windows machines with Cygwin.