January 23, 2008

How do I create a safety backup of the OS(winxp) that can be restored from a distinct partition on my laptop?


janickus asked:
I have seen factory installed laptops that come with it. If a problem occurs, they can boot and restore the factory ... Who restores saving a hidden recovery partition (overwriting existing data).

What kind of software do I use or how do I create such a thing?

(I have a laptop without it, it is a super-light variety without CD, and re-installs are a pain)
?

The simplest solution is to use a backup program and Making a backup to an external hard drive or a DVD of the entire system.
Then, if you need to you can re-load the operating system, then "restore" the backup, who will replace the OS and restore all other programs and the parameters of what they were when you make your backup.

Since MOST software is delivered on CD, (with the exception of downloads), and you do not, I suggest getting an external CD drive to simplify loading programs.

If you have the CD ORIGINAL XP, there is a programme on its "NTBACKUP." (I think the extension is "msi", but I am not sure, the research program can find it on the disk.) This is NOT normally responsible "automatically". You must manually load. Then you can use it to make backups, which you can then copy to a DVD, unless you make a backup copy of an external hard disk, in which case you do not need the DVD (but I wish make anyway to be safe!).


2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
You can create a partition hidden and inaccessible for malware store your backups by using Acronis True Image. Both creation of partition on the disk and the backup will take about ten minutes as well, you can configure some adjustments in order to run an incremental backup scheduled for example once a week. You can get the latest version of ATI, which can save files and applications Outlook "parameters here:
Or download a free version of ATI here:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
You can do this with Acronis True Image. It can backup your OS to a hidden partition, flash disk, FTP server or partition hidden on your HD so you do not need a CD / DVD drive for archiving data on the disks. I use True Image with external drive. Every evening True Image backup my data with scheduler. I am quite continued with this program, so that it can recommend to you. Acronis Visit the site for more information: