January 4, 2008

How do you create a backup DVD of windows vista which is already on your computer?


answerguru,yourwrote:
I receive a free upgrade to express windows vista premium home. So I am not getting any backup software DVD. I would like to know if there is anyway I can make a backup of the OS.
get you a spare hard drive and use a disk cloning or imaging software to make a copy of your hard drive on the spare, should you crash you can swap discs and " use the same process to copy it back to your original. Ok, you will lose your files so that you have your pc, but if you do regular backups on cdr dvdr or that you should do, then you should not really lose much at all.

2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Hi, try using norton ghost as I feel that it may be helpful to you. Check it out
No.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
, your screwed. Never save for the OS get directly to your hard disk. Always go to the shop and buy the DVD. You pay the same amount either way, MS is just trying to screw you.

XP I accidentally wiped from my hard drive once, I was F * cked. Fortunately, my friend was smart enough to have the CD.