January 20, 2008

Windows Backup & Recovery using Linux?


I have an old computer I let my children play. We often download / trial use of the software for a while and then tired. Accordingly, I am adding and removing software constantly. After a few months, the computer is very heavy and slow. So, I instructed a new copy of Windows XP and recorded. Then I started with a copy of Linux Live and copied the whole disk partition C to empty. I then deleted the C drive and copied back to saving the original score. Now, when I boot, I get a message saying: "NTLOADER absent." Why? This is exactly the same software.

2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
simply start your pc.

Next, use this:

Fdisk / mbr

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Because you devastated the Master Boot Record.

To learn how to solve it, google for MBR Fix