January 28, 2008

What is the best software to use make copies of my dvd movies?


Kelly L, yourwrote
I want to make backup copies of DVD's that I have but I do not know what I need software on my computer.
Nice try, but making backups is still considered illegal. I know you were trying to disguise by making you question seems legitimate.

Look, the old copyright clause stipulates that persons have the right to make copies for backup purposes, and that the law is still in force. However, our pal Clinton signed the DMCA bill in 1998 that made it illegal to circumvent the copyright protection. So it's a catch-22. You are allowed to make backups until you are illegally cracking of protection. Kinda sucks, huh?

OK, OK. I am not a cold-hearted bastard. I suggest you look at the following site. That's about all that I am going to help you! <wink>

1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
programs that I use are Clone DVD and DVD Decrypter. Although this burn a long time to make, it is effective. DVD Decrypter burns DVDs on the hard drive, where you can also select and watch while it is on the hard drive. Clone DVD burns on DVD.
They can be found here: