April 25, 2008

Startup Programs Fighting on my computer?


How can I find a list of programs that start at boot my computer? And I do not want to say by clicking on Start and then start.

I recently let someone borrow my laptop and now when I turn it on, it takes 40 minutes LETTER w / the little hourglass on the move before I could do anything.

I'm smart enough on computers, I backup, defrag and the search for viruses and malware quite faithfully. I would also like to not download anything strange because I'm paranoid problems.

During my last computer, my x downloaded something and the same thing was happening. I had set and was told that some programs were all fighting for starting and that is why it took so long to load.

So how do I access the list of startup programs to disable something? Please do not respond if you do not know or that I reccoment take somewhere to repair. I need my computer this afternoon for work and the need to take care of myself. Thank you anyway.

10 points in the first person who helps with success.

5 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
boot options
Click on Start in the blue bar

run
type msconfig startup
choose
exercise control beside the ones you want to run
Uncheck the programs you don "t want to start functioning

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
-> run type MSCONFIG - then go to the Startup tab. It takes registry and startup files.

There, you can uncheck things you do not want to run and if you need it back, just add a check. Much easier and less dangerous then editing the registry.

if you win2000 - they have not include it, so yahoo / google for the Windows XP version of MSCONFIG.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
to access the list Click on Start
Select Run
type msconfig
Press Enter < br> select start
extend the command tab so you can see the path
which will better help identify some programs
a tick those you do not want Click on Apply then click OK and restart
get a warning message saying that the boot was changed check the box that says do not tell me again

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
This page will give you a list of things to uncheck in your startup configuration.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Start> Run> "regedt32">
(without the quotes)
Then go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Software Microsoft Windows

CurrentVersion
Running

It's all your programs functioning ..
You can delete / modify / add