April 17, 2008

My laptop has stopped recognizing my external USB!?


I have an external hard drive connected to my laptop. He worked very well, but now it does not recognize the external drive. Troubleshooting shows that the device is working properly, but I can not access the files. The drive is connected to other laptops with the same result. They show that the device is connected, but you can not view the files. I uninstalled, reinstalled, updated the drivers, changed USB cables, and tried different ports, but nothing happened. Apart from the scrapping of the device completely (which is a pretty expensive piece of equipment), what can I do?
My laptop had malfunctioned, happened shortly before. I uninstalled a program called Norton Ghost, which creates its own back-up on drive C to my laptop. The computer has withdrawn backup software and referred the reader in his place, and then asked me to reboot. I did it. Then my phone started acting strange. The external USB has been labelled 'F', so it has nothing to do with it - did it?

3 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
and told not to be recognised her on any machine ... I would try to toil in the drive directly to a PC to see if its ok ... If it does get a new usb enclosure for him ..

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
try formatting the disk

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
When you apply power to the car - he turn? If you hold in your hand and pointing to the left and right, you should feel the gyroscopic effect of a spinning car. If it is not spinning - again required.

Wdw