April 16, 2008

Backing Up 250 GB of data, need help !!!?


Hi everyone! I

of about 250 GB of data, which I need to make a backup, yet time for me to buy a large hard drive for fat I need ' help with the backup.

Can anyone advise me how to make a backup this much data in space MINIMAL.
I am aware of some third party software and windows utility, but I am not sure what will be the size of the backup file (assuming my data = 250Gb).

Please refer to the ratio - vs original backup software if you know ... (What about the win xp backup utility).

Thanx a ton ...

Regards,

1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
here is what I would do, since most of the addition of your hard disk space, you can add the second hard drive as a slave, or external drive is even easier (make sure its largest 250gigs then) then you can move the files to the external drive, and then reformat or do what ever with the player of origin.


Opps forgot to mention, you are adding the second disc, and then format it using windows, and right clicking the drive in myy computer, and the layout (in case where you didn't know), and then move the files over there for her ..