April 28, 2008

Why will my PC take up to 20 minutes to load an application and then work perfectly OK for a while?


I start my computer and everything works smoothly. After searching the net for some time and use of various applications, it is suddenly a point where, if I click to load a program, nothing happens until 20 minutes later, and everything is pass the time. According to my anti virus, I have nothing infectious, and even with my anti-spyware programs.I have two of them. I have not been on a bad Web sites! I am a functioning own version of Win XP Home SP2, and only if it were 2 weeks maximum.The same happens with any application outside my files loading. I do not know what could be, as I never find something like this before.
I do not really want to make a new copy of XP as I have all set up nicely. I had repaired 2 weeks ago, with a re-installation of XP and the store partioned my hard drive in two. I do not know how, they added more software that I do not have backup so I am not myself in a bigger mess.
Any idea or suggestion? Thanks

8 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Can you move the mouse when it is locked up?

If not, it seems to be a hardware problem. Have you recently updated at all?

Anyway, I think it May be an IRQ conflict. Try this:

1) In the BIOS, turn off everything that you do not. (So things like parallel and serial ports, dial-up modem.)

2) If you have add-in cards PCI, try to take them one at a time. See if it allows the problem. If so, you May just exchange a couple of cards at various locations.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
which are curriculum mites cuz they be free regardless and not comp?

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
1. Computers are like many people, if you give them too many instructions at the same time they are confused and sort the dilemma the only way they know, complete 1 command, then go to another. More
time you click the mouse or tap away at the keyboard to get an answer, the more you are doing.

2. Your Internet connection May be slowed down (for whatever reason) and automatic downloads / exploitation are updated in the background and when you navigate around the data is bottlenecked. Check your connection speed and flow.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
I think this is a program that you loaded the cause of the problem and that some programs start when you start your PC, you always malfunctioned then when you start the task manager of Windows, click on the Performance tab watch CPU usage I bet that its right to the top
what you have to do is delete a program at a time until you find a cause of the problem
go to add and remove programs and remove the last program you installed the abolition of holding until you find a bad

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Try entering defragmentation. If that does not work, I go to my Internet privacy options and clear my browsing history, cookies, temporary files. If that does not work, let me get a glass of water and give the computer a glass!

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
yes mine the same dose I just load up manerger task that normally it fixed for me lol

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
most likely in the case of espionage, and has some support cpu you!