April 16, 2008

My dell inspiron 9300 will not start. please help.?


My dell stopped working properly. At the beginning, when I turn it on, it is said that some software or hardware changes may have several causes. When I try all options, as the last known good configuration and safe mode, the fine start to the window with the loading bar and then he goes to a blue screen. The blue screen said to disable any antivirus software, disk defragmentation, or backup utilities. The technical information is as follows: *** Stop: 0x00000024. I am not sure what this means, but I would be grateful if someone could tell me. Thank you.

2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Hi,

This means that your hard drive has become corrupted, or at least a vital file pilot!

If you have the windows CD, you can boot from the CD of the recovery console and run chkdsk from their files. Place the CD in the drive, boot from the CD and press R for console recovery - see


Arnak

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
blue screen and stop errors are usually due to memory problems. (0x0000024 especially if the number is the same) Try removing sticks in the memory of your computer one at a time sequentially in order to see if it starts. If it starts with one of the missing sticks, then you know, it must be replaced.