February 25, 2008

What do I backup from computer apart from data files?


from comments
I installed the software engineering back-up on my laptop and I intend to back-up for DVD-RW and possibly online. I am using Windows XP as the operating system. I have the following clarifications: 1

. Generally, with the exception of data files that should I back-up.

2. Who are accessible online backup sites. Engineering does offer this service but I found that very expensive.

The only things you would normally need to back up things that you create and things are difficult (or time) to get it again.

You have to decide where you will store all your important data files (most people use "My Documents"), and then save the entire file - that's what I do. Every time I download something that I need to reinstall, I store it in a "Download" folder under "My Documents".

The only exceptions that I know are the other folders in your user account - as the "Office" and "Favorite" - those who are pleasing to save well.

I do not know online backup sites - I prefer to keep my information on an external USB hard drive that I locked in a safe when not in use.


1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
you can buy an external drive that allows you to always