February 11, 2008

What is the best way to back up my data at home?


lee
I have a laptop and I need to make a backup. I want to automate this process, if possible. Should I just get a network drive and certain software backup or what is the best way. I anticipate that the safeguarding of My Documents folders on both machines, and not applications.

computer running Windows have a utility Backup Wizard (Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Backup) to make easier the backup process.

I backup all my files onto an external hard disk, which can be bought almost everywhere these days (or, you can save some money by buying a hard drive and enclosure separately ).


3 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Cobian Backup 8 (code-named Blackmoon) is a free, open-source, which I use to automate the backup process. It can be used to schedule and backup your files and directories from their original location to other directories / drives in the same computer or another computer on your network.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
a USB drive .. Or an SD memory card ...

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Create a partition on the hard disk and keep your files and then the partition other OS. Keep a folder with all the files you want to recover in the event of system failure and, if possible, to safeguard this folder elsewhere.