February 4, 2008

I have xp home installed on my thinkpad laptop..whenever i save a word document or pics ,i get a backup copy?


ajax, you asked
Each document or peak, it is eaten my disk space. Is there a way to disable this feature backup. Win backup is not turned on my computer, could this be due to specific IBM software preloaded.
This is not your laptop is actually a parameter in the Word software. I had the same problem the first time I had my laptop, it is set by default, and I could not be determined. You just need to go into the options of Microsoft Word to change the setting.

On the menu bar, click on TOOLS>> OPTIONS>> click on the TAB SAVE then uncheck the box where it says "Always create backup copy", which should be the first box. (For Windows XP Home, but it should be about the same for all versions.) And you can go ahead and remove the other backups created, they are not important, unless you want to preserve. Cher

1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Open Microsoft Winword and click on TOOLS and select and open SAVE OPTION TAB and uncheck STILL BACKUP COPY OF CREATING.

I hope that this will solve your problem.

Goutam