February 6, 2008

How do I restore text in a yahoo email message that the software has erased -- and CTRL + Z does not help!?


catch-22 asked:
Sometimes my message is deleted in its entirety, by some quirk of the software - even CTRL Z will not restore it. What can I do to get it back?

(And please do not tell me I should have made a backup copy. Johnny-come I hate lately. LOL)

right click in the text box and click select all, then hit ctrl c before going to send it. Or a right click and select copy. If it is cleared it is saved on your end, so that when you go to try to send it again, press ctrl v or right click in the text box and click paste. But do not copy everything that after you copy your message, or it will be replaced! Other than that, there is nothing. U


2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
What does AJ (ctrl-a, ctrl-c) is what I do. And not just with e-mails, but when publishing on a forum or a forum or here at the Y! Answers. I just e-mail or a message to myself if I am not finished with it and I want to continue working on it.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
hours to delete the e-mail software or delete it? I think that there should be such issues as the thrash bin or storing files deleted. U can verify this!