February 26, 2008

I want to backup my office pc to my home pc over the internet.?


Answering to your comments,Random Precision:
Does anyone know a good software to do that?
Ok, firstly how long do you want to do this?
If it is a moment just use a CD or DVD or external hard drive and bring them in person.

This is sensitive thing to do.
I want to install a system of vpn connection and have a program or a backup script to do so, but I do a lot with computers. Setting up a vpn can be difficult.
It is a guide on how to do so without purchasing anyting


I use a router with built in vpn.

Once you have the vpn in place, you can use shared folders in the home for work. (This is where you should put your backup)

AOL also has a programme of visits abroad xdrive it does backups of data, but only up to 5 gigs server (free)


(L aol know sucks but it looks good)

3 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
try googling it's AutoBackup Memeo

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
. I found the best way that Norton products, and very flexible, and not grind your computer to stop while it works.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
If you have access to an FTP server confidence that you could store your backups with the Acronis True Image 10.0. So you will have access to images from your home and office. I use True Image and quite happy with him, but I prefer to store backups on my external drive - it is faster and safer than backing up to the FTP server.