February 26, 2008

How do I backup PC video game CD?


szhpaki
The CD of which I speak is very rare in a game I love. Therefore, I do not want to use original CD in order to preserve it for sentimental reasons. However, I want to play the game so I want to save the CD. Is there a legal way to do it? I tried to copy the software, but it is copy protected.
Superdork has a certain way, but there is a solution but it is not always possible. If you use a patch NoCD / crack then you must keep a copy of the original. Exe, otherwise, you need to reinstall the game if you want to install a patch. The method for the LAN so I do not have a basket full length of my CD is a mini-I use the ISO instruct me in a virtual drive. That means I do not have to mess with the game files and can install patches when we came out. A mini ISO is a change ISO (disk image), which contains only the data that requires the game to run from the CD. These are usually hard to find and I do not know how to do it myself. If you are able to find a job in a program called Daemon tools that alow you load the ISO in a virtual drive and run the game without risking damage the hard

2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Legally, you are not supposed to make a copy of backup all other games, even if you own the game.

So, in that spirit, what you can do is use a no-CD program if you do not want your CDs to be scratches. Instead of using the drive to read your CD, you must use the hard drive to mislead thinking that the reader has the drive in him.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
The best and most reliable programs are DAEMON TOOLS, and ALCOHOL 120%. Demon is more oriented backups games .. Both progs. Will allow you to create "virtual CD's", which allows you to load a CD image. Daemon also includes all the latest tricks copy protection (safedisk, securelock, etc.) Once you have an image, you can burn it, and it will work, unlike other programs like "gamedrive.