February 20, 2008

How do I backup all my personal files (voice, text, video, music) scattered across my computer?


I have tons of files, including many duplicates (which i am noclone using the software to get rid of) ...

I would like to have all my FILES, no matter where they are, whether jpgs, qcps, wav, mp3, doc, xls ...

I want to return all up - but it does not seem the tool that will make it easy for me ... I can use windows research, but I am afraid to mention a bad file type (for example, a palm or a file format arcane i hardly use it as ppt) ...

Is there a program that does this?

I do not want DLL, EXEs, file system, windows ... Just my own files i dispersed into the computer without any loss in my 300 GBs of the folder hierarchy!

1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Take a look at Norton Ghost. This software will allow you to make a complete copy of your hard disk for its content. You can return it to an external disk 300 GB if you want. Another option would be to set up the RAID mirroring to a second hard drive of your computer. This syncronize everything so that if a disk fails, you can just pick up and use another. Google can help you with RAID if you want to go that route. Here's Ghost:


It is difficult to separate the EXE and DLL from the rest of your data if it is scattered everywhere, and with disk space is cheap now it's probably a better idea of completely back to everything. If you save on a smaller player, although you can exclude the Windows folder and the Program Files folder to save space.