December 21, 2007

What software can I get to backup my outlook?


you wrote, netman110:
I need to find a program that will save my company e-mail and compress it. Our entire society saves a copy of their file pst and I need to find a program to do it for them and compress it because most of these files are huge

Does the e-mail managed by microsoft as a server's Exchange? If so use the backup software to backup server ntbackup exchange.

If your computers are networked trying to add a backup script that copies and PST zip files in a shared folder on the server.

If they are not on a network, you need to create a batch file which is scheduled to run every day and safeguarding pst files, look Cobian Backup is free and is very easy to support software


1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Without software, try it with your prospects Copy

C: \ Documents and Settings \ (your name) \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Outlook

backup all files there.