December 10, 2007

Backup and restore hardware and software for your whole computer?


I use Microsoft XP. I am aware that the hardware and software available (sometimes sold together, sometimes separately) with which I can save my entire computer -- OS, registers, bookmarks, documents, etc. What interests me because I prefer not to have to restore the program by program from original records -- first the operating system, then all the applications that I run. I have dozens of applications that I use regularly, and it should be days to troubleshoot and restore everything until I all work together.

I am very attentive to the security and firewalls, spyware caps, anti-virus, etc. However, you never know when it will crash and you must restore from scratch. I probably need> 100 GB

Please tell me what you use and what you want to talk about. I do not care if it is a bit slow, I want something that is fairly transparent and simple. I am ready to work some time with installation, but after that I want established for the preservation and restoration to be easy.

Thanks!

2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
I Phoenix First Ware Recover Pro.
It cost me $ 40 for a 1 year subscription, and it has more than paid for itself.
It provides daily restore points automatically, and you can create your own restore points as well.
If you get a virus, losing files, whatever, you just open the program and restore your computer to the time and date.
The only con about this program is that you will lose any work cr�s at the end of the chosen restore point, so I recommended the establishment of a restore point after generating each file important or download.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Why not invest in an external hard drive and transfer all of this. You can, of course, have to safeguard him to keep it up to date.

To transfer files from one PC to another:

Do not try this with a simple USB cable, it can damage one or two computers. You will need to buy the so-called "transfer by USB cable."
Source: James Coates, Computer Q