December 10, 2007

I would like to backup some software cds, it keeps giving me the "use the original disc" why?


poguemahone asked
What should I do? My kids are constantly scratching the originals is why I would like to use backups.

The hard you try backup seems to have some sort of protection and therefore has to run from the original.

Have you tried to make an image starting with any copy software like Nero or Clone? It could help.

Otherwise, if you have enough space on your hard drive, you can use a v.good software called Virtual CD VCD which is a copy of a disc and creates a virtual CD drive on your hard disk so you do not need to have the physical disk with you more.


1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Because it is protected against illegal copying.

Insert the CD out of the reach of small vandals, or train them in the CD to deal with diligence.