May 16, 2008

Upgrading or replacing server Hard disks?


How can I replace all the hard drives of the server?
I have this problem of space with the hard disk on the server. I 3x36 Go for the moment (RAID 5), and I plan to spend a 3x300 GB (RAID 5) and use it as a file server. I will be the deployment of a server backup and archiving for the same but that's another story.

What I'm looking for some kind of solution that I can easily remove the old hard drives and connect the new all data and software settings are on the new hard drive. And the server running on Windows 2003 server standard.

Guys your contribution will be a real help to me ...

1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
there are several things you can do, but the most intelligent would simulate a disaster. Do you know how to get your server if you lost your table RAID? If the building burned and whatever you do you have off-site backups? The SMART thing to do would be to simulate - a complete system backup - as you normally would - and then back to new growth. If that does not work or something fails, you have the old records, you can put back and try again.

Otherwise, you can image, copy, use the safeguards, a variety of ways.