May 27, 2008

Enterprise solution?


Hi Tech users,

I work in a private company which has 32 computers connected to LAN internal and 3 separately connected computers with Internet connection. 4 / 5 on computers running Windows 98 and Windows XP Professional are resting.

My task is to manage all the computers of protection against viruses, improve performance and so

� For antivirus, I successfully installed "Avast Distributed Network Manager" then distance antivirus installed in all computers and able to schedule a scan distance if necessary.
� For Remote Desktop I use "Real VNC"
� To Chat internal I am using "RealPopup"
� By e-mail I am using "Burrotech Office Mail"
� For other I following task want solutions. I want to install and manage the software remotely.
o Disk Cleanup, disk defragmentation
o Register cleaning
o backup My Documents and office for all users
o control startup items
o Enable / deactivate the service WindowsXP
o Definition options for AutoUpdate and firewall
o Setting desktop wallpaper and scre

2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Your network is not really considered. It is not even pay the price. Its essentially a small and medium enterprises type set up.

What you do not include this would be useful is as follows:

Do you use a server? And if yes, what software?
If not, why not?

A server, no matter if its Linux, NetWare, Windows Server 2003, it gives you the ability to manage the points that you mentioned.

With the server software, you can manage services, backups, e-mail, routine maintenance, clerical and security policies. You can even manage remote workers at home or elsewhere on travel.

- I use EMC Dantz officially back the greater part of Windows Server 2003 SBS and 2003 servers. An example on the SBS 2003, I could use the backup software supplied with, but wanted to use a 3rd party that I was more familiar.

As far as Defrag, use a 3rd party as well. To manage these on the network and the server, Diskeeper is absolutely the best I've ever used. You can buy this on the Web directly and do not have to negotiate prices.

So, your final answer: Buy a server (and if you use Exchange for e-mail, SBS 2003) with perhaps a joint or external hard drive for backups. DLT bands still rock and have not failed me. I use Symantec Corporate Edition but probably move to Trend Micro for my anti-virus solutions more quickly.

1-2 Put these other 3rd party applications and your ready to play Network Admin.

If you have further questions, just shoot me an e-mail.

I hope this helps, good luck

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Arrivals an MCSE to provide you with some advice. You find heroes and learn certain things.