May 16, 2008

Flash drive that holds your whole computer?


-- I use Microsoft XP. I am aware that the hardware and software are (sometimes sold together, sometimes separately) with whom I can save my computer - OS, books, bookmarks, documents, etc. What interests me because I prefer not to having to restore the programme by programme from original records - first the operating system, then all the applications I run. I have dozens of applications that I use regularly, and it should days to restore everything and troubleshoot until I have all work together.

I am very careful with security and firewall, spybot caps, anti-virus, etc. However, you never know when it will crash and you have to restore from scratch. I probably need> 100 GB.

please tell me what you use and what you like about this. I am not if it is a bit slow, I want something that is fairly fluid and simple. I am ready to work some time with the establishment, but after that I am prepared as backup and restoration to be easy.

Thanks!

8 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
-I use the Maxtor someone who has backup and restoration. Check it out. A little expensive, but it is in a pinch. Although

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
If you do get a virus and had to re-format you have to re-install all your programs, including Windows. The files you want to save files are stored that the programs work so that when you re-installed the program you wouldnt lose data. You can not save your file system software to reformat and then wait for the programs work as they did before because of their cooperation at all. Hope this helps.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
You can either use an external hard disk or online storage server files.

If you're not very picky technical aspects and on prices, then I go to www.mozy.com. The price is very affordable and comparing them speak louder than other service providers.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Take another disk drive (internal or external) ... then just save it ....

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Hi

flashdrive with most of the capabilities that are currently on the consumer market in general has approximately 4GB. I recommend a 80 GB iPod It is smaller than an external hardrive, and probably cost about U.S. $ 349. When you activate the use of the disk, you can store programs, files, etc. This is probably the most you can take before being forced to move to an external hard drive.

Hope this helps.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
You can buy an external hard drive. There are many speakers on the market where you can put a hard drive inside is like a flash drive, but heavier than you want. It depends on the hard drive that you install, 80GB, 120GB.
Luck.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Return on Dell Western Digital 500 GB 2.0 external hard drive.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Norton Ghost will copy an entire partition to a single file and restore it to the same or another hard drive. It saves a lot of installation time.