May 24, 2008

How to transfer video from Panasonic camcorder NV-GS25 to PC (windows XP preferably) ?


Hi, I have a Panasonic NV-GS 25 camcorder. By following the instructions in the user manual that I have encountered the following problem. When I connected the camcorder to the PC using the USB cables given, the computer was not detect the camcorder. He said "Device not found". Please help me solve this problem, because all my videos are valuable on the tapes and I want a backup on my PC. Please note that I installed the software supplied with the camera kit, it would still work. Thank you in advance ....

1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Use a FireWire cable, which is not supplied with the camera. The USB cable is probably even for the transfer of photos (that is the case with my PV-GS65).

FireWire is also called DV, IEEE1394 and iLink. The only difference is the name. They mean EXACTLY the same thing.

If your computer does not have a FireWire port, you'll need to buy a Firewire card, which is not too expensive. To see if you already have a Firewire port, watching the images on the following page:



Your camera probably has a 4-pin port, and probably the mark as "DV ".