March 1, 2008

Laptop speed/ram question plus laptop backup (preventing data loss/crashes..etc)?


I work for a computer company that uses slow computers in their offices in order to save energy. So, I bring my laptop every day and had transferred my files and so I guess my work is not stored on the servers of the company and, therefore, if my computer crashes, I am DEEPLY screwed.
Please can you recommend a cost and time effective solution where I can put my data at the end of each day to avoid the loss of data from crashes and these (Software apps)? There are external drives / DVD-CD etc but they take much too long and you always need to worry about space.
Also, my laptop (much faster than the company) is still rather slow freakin times (especially during startup, and if I did perhaps more than 3 word docs and 2 browsers open, Forget it) .. I thought Adding ram ... It will make a big difference? Where can I buy so that it works well and is cost effective? I have never installed ram so it might be better to go somewhere where I have physical assistance. Thx
SOOOO MUCH!

1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Get a 500GB USB external hard disk and use of windows backup utility.