March 8, 2008

I'm going to install Windows Vista, my OS is XP, should I make a backup of my info?


you wrote, david r
I really do not know what to do .. Bacup my files, the software is ready to relocate ... And so what do you suggest ... Thank you.
people that I know have updated vista and were sorry they did!. Rumor has it that Microsoft, which sells a vista and a class action brought against them because besides having a lot of "GLITCHES" or problems with the software vista la vista computers that are installed, you can not download windows xp on these systems, only vista compadible system, you can add software to vista and can return to Windows XP. Personally I pay for windows xp, because it has been for some time and will be for a long time, as long as you do not get fooled by microsoft and the purchase of a system with the software you'll be fine VISTA ! .

8 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
"Install", I suppose means yu, yu will yur format drive and install the new operating system. And wen yu formatt a hard disk, remove this yu eva ol things are in him and start afresh.

So please decide whether things have yu in yur comp now yu is important, and if so, make a backup of it by copying it onto a CD or transfer them to an USB key.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
if you need to upgrade, then you do not need to save, but if you install and save obviously ..

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
is the first

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
DONT GET VISTA! AHHHHH! XP is 9000 times better ... Vista is not even a decent defragmenter. <. <

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
ok i just built a custom laptop, my advice stick with XP for now, VIsta a lot of seeds. I can tell you first-hand!

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Save what you can not afford to lose, and yes, the software is important for your loan programs to resettle. Better safe than sorry - dynamited these machines do not always work as expected - especially during major upgrades like to move from XP to Vista ...

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
always back up your data period ... ... Especially if you are playing with the operating system. In addition, Vista has been designed to work properly on a minimum core duo processor RAM seriously, if you are not a very new machine, you will have a very sub-optimal performance of the system and are better to stay with XP. ..

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
You must back up your files, especially if you install the operating system yourself. I upgraded to Vista Ultimate Staples and installed for me, but I still saved my files, because they are not responsible for any loss of data. Also, your files are probably very important to you, especially photos.